Saturday, August 06, 2011
Monday, December 25, 2006
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Friday, December 01, 2006
Things to do this Friday. Legend has it that on this day, all cars in Penang Island will be moving at 0.2 miles/ hour, or not at all.
1. Fill up your fuel tank. Make sure it's sufficient for at least 5 hours on the road. According to unsubstantiated sources, the Shell near Bayan Bay has fuel that gives the best gas mileage.
2. Empty your bowel and rectum (or back passage). You don't want your car to smell, literally, like shit.
3. Trying eating bananas (not too much). It contains folate which helps concentration and memory. It also has a high glycemic index rating (how quickly can energy be boosted).
4. Avoid drinking any kind of liquid 1 hour before you drive.
5. Bring along your PSP, iPod, biology texbooks, poker cards, tarantula.... whatever can keep you entertained (or awake) in your tiny vehicle.
6. Famine kills brain cells. Stack up tonnes of instant food in your office AND in your car.
7. Call me up (not your mom, she makes you sleep). I can lend you my ears for whatever crappy personal stories you think the world should know. It's free. The call and "saman" are not.
8. If you started coming from Motorola before 5pm, but is still stuck along the Coastal Highway, you might as well embrace one of the potential causes of traffic jam (Queensbay) and catch a late-night movie at 12am. Provided you can reach there on time. And the theater is open.
9. If you get marooned in the office, turn your office into a helicopter. This is when the hallucination kicks in.
10. Just take a full-day leave. You deserve a rest. Your bosses probably won't come either.
Monday, November 27, 2006
mum and her food!
dad's first time manning a stall... he gets easily excited! hahah
so mum got someone to cook devils curry with rice and veg, got some friend beehoon, she made rojak, some indian vadek and tried selling her salt fish prada (using Aunty Bah's portugese recipie) and green chilly pickle... we were there early to set the tables and arrange the food and the ppl started to come in by 10am (after morning mass)....